INSTITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (SABAH) CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A policy research institution is seeking suitable applicants for the following position:
VISITING SENIOR ECONOMIST
A suitable candidate should have at least a good Master Degree in Economics with strong background in Applied Economics and data analysis. A PhD will be an advantage.
- Male or Female
- Age 40 years and above
- Malaysian citizen
- Ten (10) years experience in research and policy analysis institution or equivalent with strong research background and experience;
- Expected to provide intellectual and managerial leadership with skills to lead and manage research projects, research teams and coordinating the institute’s activities;
- Have a great passion and ability to advocate evidence-based research and capacity-building for the economic and social transformation of Sabah;
- Evidence of published research with a strong publication record in high quality publications will be an added advantage;
- Possess sufficient specialist knowledge in the discipline to design research programmes, and methodologies and approaches;
- A broad understanding of the various policies and functions of both State and Federal governments; and able to participate in and develop external research-related networks;
- Excellent in verbal and writing skills; strong interpersonal skills, and high level of self-motivation and integrity;
- An ideal candidate is expected to be a great team player with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
The remuneration and terms of service are competitive and negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience. The tenure will be based on a two-year contract basis.
Interested candidates may apply with a recent passport size photograph and CV mentioning the position applied for within 15 days from the date of this advertisement and forward to the following address:
Human Resource Unit
Institute for Development Studies (Sabah)
Lot 2 – 5, Wisma SEDIA, Off Jalan Pintas, Penampang
88300 Kota Kinabalu
Locked Bag 127, 88994 Kota Kinabalu
Or email to: [email protected]
(Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview)